Friday, October 16, 2009

Religious Freedom

I am so grateful to live in a country where I can believe as my soul tells me.

I believe in Jesus Christ! He is my Savior and Redeemer. He has shown me the way to live in peace and happiness.

I testify that Jesus Christ has restored his true church on the earth, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Joseph Smith really saw and spoke with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith is the great prophet of the restoration of Christ's true church.

Jesus Christ speaks to His living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson. President Monson and the living Apostles and Prophets tell us what Heavenly Father want us to do. When we listen and obey we are blessed and prospered by the Lord.

I am grateful to know that the Lord sanctifies marriage between a man and a woman. The family is central to His plan for the happiness of His children, who we are. The Lord loves children. I'm so grateful the Lord has sent us seven of his choice spirits to be in our family.

I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have studied it for years. This book has reminded me to turn my heart to God and my fellowmen. I am grateful for its precious teachings.

I am grateful I can express the beliefs I hold dear. I am grateful I can practice my religious beliefs.