Thursday, October 22, 2009

Morning Blurp

This blog is more of a personal journal than anything else. I don't more than 10 minutes once in a while to throw out an entry. Obviously, it's always a first very rough draft. My hope is after the kids are raised I'll have time to come back and put this blog, our scrapbooks, and journals into some kind of readable order. But in the meantime, I will keep scribbling down little events in the kids' and my journal and a bit on this blog.

I love, love, love this time in my life. I'm surrounded by my sweet family all day! Everyday! I have the dream job. My job is to teach, train, and delight in my children! My job is full of ordinary moments that to me are sensational. Like right now.

Right now it is a bit before 6AM. Tank(10 months) has had a wakeful night. So he is hanging out with me. We kind of gave up sleep around 5AM. Between sentences we play peek-a-boo and hide n' seek. I get to cuddle him when he climbs up in my lap. He is also enjoying nibbling on a bit of sugar cookie that Hyrum (5) and Jaremy (35) made last night. They made Halloween cookies for Hyrum's stay up night and had a blast.

The last couple of weeks have been perfect fall weather. The kids would live outside if they could, so we do our school, eat our lunch, exercise, garden, and play like crazy outside. The boys, Benjamin (10) and Moroni (8) have been experimenting with zip lines between the cottonwoods in the back of the lot. The zip lines have been quite primitive and, from a mother's perspective, scary. Now they have enlisted Jaremy. So that means it's going to be 250 feet and I can only imagine how high. I will have to be the safety inspector, an unpopular job. It's wonderful the kids have these 5 acres to haunt. What would a child's life be if he couldn't build tree forts, ride bikes off "sweet" jumps, dance around bonfires, fly on the tramp, and sword fight?

Well, Tank is bored with this! I have to go assist Moroni in making whole wheat/oat pancakes.