Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beloved Jaremy






































Jaremy is such a stud! I love spending time with him. On Saturday we were able to go to the Parade of Homes together. As we walk through the houses we discuss organization, decorating, architecture, and tons of other things. Jaremy totes Tank around (that's a huge job), but the rest of the kids have to stay at home; it's our time. I love when we can just focus on each other. When Jaremy puts his arm around me while we are looking at something that becomes what I'm really focused on. When his hand reaches for mine, he grasps my heart. He loves to get my opinion about absolutely everything. Do I like this color, do I want this kind of bench, do I feel understood by him, do I need him to till the garden, do I know he loves me? Yes! He makes it obvious!!








We love to go driving! On Sunday we took a long, gorgeous trip to Mink Creek & Bear Lake. We saw this cabin on the way. We both loved it. Jaremy took the kids on a walk through the woods on one of our many pit stops. We stopped at a couple of parks. We had a little scare when 20 miles off the pavement on the top of a mountain our van died. Sunday drives with Jaremy always turn into off-road adventures. Jaremy transforms any vehicle into a jeep. Luckily, he can get us over any obstacle & out of any mud hole. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Of course, by the end of seven hours Tank was screaming & the kids were bouncing off the walls of the van, but it was great.








Jaremy leads our family by example. He is the first one up, the last one down. He starts his day with yard work. He gets more done by breakfast than most do in an entire morning. He gathers us for family devotional after breakfast. Jaremy loves organization and helps us get and stay organized. He gently encourages me to be up and about early in the morning so we can have couple, scripture study and prayer. He shows us we should take the words of the prophets seriously by listening to them himself on his way back and forth from work. He is a great leader!














Jaremy knows the importance of fun! He's always doing fun things with the kids. Camping in the backyard, showing up with a new wading pool, insisting on Fat Boys (ice cream sandwiches) for everyone, fixing bike tires (again & again), reading Peter Pan, stopping by a park, hiking for hours, hosting huge parties, playing soccer and boccie ball, and coming up with a million other ways to keep the kids excited about life.














I love the way Jaremy serves people. It comes from his heart not his to-do list or sense of duty. He fixes cars, moves people, camps with the scouts, loans out his tiller, visits his aging grandparents, takes my grandma to dinner, stays forever home teaching, talks with me until everything is worked out and I feel understood and loved (no matter how long it takes or what he has to cancel in order to get this outcome), runs over to help aging neighbors with anything they need, gives money and cars without a second thought, and hugs people so tightly they know he really loves them. Jaremy speaks well of people and doesn't judge them. That is real love! He never complains about helping someone, hosting events, or losing sleep, ever! He gets excited about showing people they are important to him. He loves family reunions and getting together with people.

Jaremy provides so well for our family! He is so talented! He helps out at home like no other. He baths kids, changes diapers, cleans all the laundry (and a family of nine has a bit let me tell you), weeds, mows, fixes our vehicles, takes care of the budgeting and finances, keeps us technologically in the grove, holds babies while he eats so I can eat in peace, plays with the dog and kids, washes dishes, etc, etc. He gives more than 100%. The rest of us scramble to keep up with him! Did I mention he is such a stud?!!!
I love Jaremy with all my heart!!! He is my life!! He makes me whole! I hope I can make him feel that!